1.23.2007

Nutrition Facts

I'm currently taking a Nutrition class that I'm enjoying so much already. It's so interesting to learn about how, what, and when we should eat. These are a few things I thought were really cool, and you might find interesting:

Margerine is one molecule away from being a plastic

When you have cardiovascular blockage Pomogranate or Pomogranate juice can reduce the blockage by a half. It also slows Prostate Cancer.

Coffee contains antioxidants important for fighting cancers, antibacterial components, reduces effects of Type II diabetes, Galstones, Minimizes tremors associated with Parkinson's Disease, Fights breast cancer, Liver Cirrhosis, and helps with headaches.

Bananas are one of the healthiest fruits. They increase levels of serotonin in your brain. Banana Peels when rubbed on a mosquito/insect bite takes away the itch.

One Bagel is equal to SIX slices of bread.

8 oz. Glass of Water & 2 Tbs. salt affectively treats diarrhea. The salt absorbs excess fluid binding the fecal matter.

I'm sure there will be many more of these tid-bits to come. These are just the ones I can remember, and the ones I had a chance to write down. Enjoy!

No comments: